Join me for a deeply inspiring and insightful conversation with Dr. Michelle Choi, a board certified Internal Medicine Doctor who left her traditional career to become a podcaster. For most of her career, Dr. Michelle worked in the inpatient setting as a hospital-based specialist and in the primary care setting for the last four years, when she decided she didn’t want to lie anymore. She believes that the way in which healthcare is structured in the United States, the primary focus of healthcare is not health, but the business our health creates.
Dr. Michelle feels we are not doing enough to get to the underlying causes of what is causing illness. And after years of frustration, she decided to leave the career she’s worked her whole life for, in search of what contributes to our feeling whole. Dr. Michelle is the host of Lost or Found Podcast. You can find her at doctorlostorfound.com.
In this episode we discuss:
- What led Michelle to ask herself if she was willing to die for her job
- Michelle’s career transition journey and what she’s learned
- Telling comfortable lies and uncomfortable truths with your life
- Michelle’s most excellent mantra that got her through
- How she processed her anger and her grief after leaving her career
- Michelle’s advice for people thinking about making a career transition
- Near death experiences, what we can learn from them, and her beliefs about dying
Books mentioned in the episode:
Dying to Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing by Anita Moorjani.
The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz.
Tune in here or on your favourite podcast platform and let’s dive in!
* Let’s SPICE UP your inbox! Sign up here for my never-boring, always interesting emails filled with hot tips, tools, and exclusive offers on my upcoming events, courses, and programs! It’s a party you don’t want to miss!
* Please subscribe and leave a little love over on Apple Podcasts so more people can discover the podcast. I appreciate your support!