Perfect is an empty but enticing promise. Unfortunately, in our pursuit of perfection we often focus on everyone else and abandon ourselves in the process.
I often think of an image of a person walking a tight rope because for many of us that’s how it feels when we’re in “perfectionist mode” – walking a thin unsteady rope across a vast emptiness below.
This is part two of our conversation on perfectionism. In this episode we’re talking about mindfulness-based tools, strategies, resources, and exercises to help address it.
- Fixed vs growth mindset
- The value of self-compassion
- Cultivating “shame resilience”
- Helpful tools including: meditation + mindfulness, gratefulness, values alignment and the serenity prayer
- Exercises and journal prompts
Enter your name and email here to receive a free PDF with tools, strategies, exercises, and resources mentioned in the podcast.
Also, a reminder for my lawyer listeners about the Lawyer Learning Lab. My new platform for offering online professional wellness courses for lawyers! All courses are accredited for Continuing Professional Development credit in BC + Ontario in Canada. More to come! My first course “Strategies to Identify + Address Perfectionism” is available now.
Tune in here or on your favourite platform and let’s dive in!
* Let’s SPICE UP your inbox! Sign up here for my never-boring, always interesting emails filled with hot tips, tools, and exclusive offers on my upcoming events, courses, and programs! It’s a party you don’t want to miss!
* Please subscribe and leave a little love over on Apple Podcasts so more people can discover the podcast. I appreciate your support!