The path to perfection has no end and no destination. We never arrive. There is no perfect place, perfect job, perfect body, perfect relationship, or perfect person.
In this episode, we’re talking about one of my favourite topics – how to deal with our inner-perfectionist!
We discuss different aspects of perfectionism and how it’s deeply rooted in our desire to stay safe. Once we understand that, we can learn to have compassion for ourselves.
- What perfectionism is and what it isn’t (hint: it’s not about having high standards!)
- Three common types of perfectionism
- Root causes
- Common behaviours
- Impacts – both professional and personal
In the next episode (Part 2) we’ll dive into mindfulness-based tools, strategies, and exercises to help address it!
Resources mentioned in the episode:
Lawyer Learning Lab: My new platform for offering online professional wellness courses for lawyers! All courses are accredited for Continuing Professional Development credit in BC + Ontario in Canada (and soon California). My first course “Strategies to Identify + Address Perfectionism” is available now.
Brene Brown TED Talks: “The Power of Vulnerability” and “Listening to Shame”. I highly recommend checking them out!
When Perfect Isn’t Good Enough: Strategies for Coping with Perfectionism: Martin Antony and Richard Swinson.
Tune in here or on your favourite podcast platform and let’s dive in!
* Let’s SPICE UP your inbox! Sign up here for my never-boring, always interesting emails filled with hot tips, tools, and exclusive offers on my upcoming events, courses, and programs! It’s a party you don’t want to miss!
* Please subscribe and leave a little love over on Apple Podcasts so more people can discover the podcast. I appreciate your support!